Recruiting and retaining the right people is the first challenge of foreign companies in China, for two reasons:
- The pool of experienced Chinese talents meeting the western requirements is too small compared to the market needs.
- Recruiting requires a deep understanding of the Chinese culture and business habits
Unlike many other recruiting firms, DRAGONFLY GROUP specializes in bridging the gap between Western requirements and the Chinese talent market.
A very broad experience
For many years in China, we have accumulated experience in all kinds of functions, position levels and sectors.
- Position levels:
From middle to top management as well as experts: CXO, VP, Managing Directors, all kinds of Directors and Managers, Engineers, Researchers and other type of experts.
Board level, Finance, Sales, Marketing, Production, Engineering, Research & Development, Purchasing, Human Resources, Government Relations, etc.
Life sciences & Pharmaceuticals - Food & Agriculture - Oil, Gas & Energy - Finance & Investment funds - Mechanical, Metal & Chemical industries - Luxury,
Fashion & Exclusive retail - FMCG & Distribution - IT, Telecom & Electronics - Marketing, Advertising, Media, Internet - Environmental Technologies -
Transportation & Logistics, etc.
A diversity of clients
Our clients are very diverse in terms of size, development stage in China and cultural background
from large multinational groups to Small and Medium size Enterprises (SME), and even start-ups
- Situation in China:
from companies already well established in China to new comers, from Wholly-Owned Foreign Enterprises (WOFE) to Joint-ventures (JV).
- Country of origin:
Europe : France, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Russia
North & Latin America: United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil
Asia & Oceania: China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia
A multicultural understanding
Our teams of experienced consultants are a blend of Chinese with international exposure, speaking English fluently and sometimes another European language,
and of European with long experience in China and able to speak and understand mandarin.
The nationality of the candidates we will select for you will depend on your requirements, but they will all have experience in China.
- China (75% of the cases): Mainland Chinese, Hong Kong Chinese
- Western (20% of cases): French, German, Spanish, Italian, British, Canadian, American
- Other Asian countries (5% of cases): Taiwanese, Singaporean, Indonesian, Malaysian
A rigorous process
To meet our client’s requirements, we follow a rigorous process, from the preparatory phase with the client to the post-recruitment follow-up with the new recruit.
- Understanding client’s need
- Analysis of the ideal candidate profile
- Setting up the search strategy
- Market analysis
- Preparing list of target companies
- Identification of potential candidates
- First phone screening of candidates
- Interviewing most promising candidates
- Confidential report on best candidates to be included in the short-list
- Setting up the short-list of best candidates
Introduction of candidates
- Introduction of short-listed candidates to the Client
- Arranging candidate interviews with the Client
- Support in selecting the best candidate*
- Professional reference check *
Recruitment and follow-up
- Support in writing the employment contract*
- Getting Client’s feedback on overall search process
- Follow-up with the recruit during the guarantee period
* According to actual need expressed by the Client
The 8 key advantages of our Executive Search service
- A tailor-made approach with dedicated consultants and researchers
- A real headhunting methodology to reveal the most suitable profiles, even if they are not actively looking for a new opportunity
- A multicultural team of consultants able to fully understand and meet the requirements of Western companies on the Chinese market.
- An assessment of the personality and motivations of candidates through thorough interviews and the design and administration of specific assessment
tools, such as Harrison Assessment or MBTI.
- A systematic follow-up with the new recruit for a period of 3 to 12 months (depending on the position), to ensure his smooth
adaptation to the new environment.
- A guarantee of 3 to 12 months (depending on the position) during which we will resume the search without extra fees if the new recruit does not stay
in the company, under some conditions.
- A presence in 7 cities in China (Beijing, Shanghai, Wuhan, Chengdu, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, and Hong-Kong) that improves the
identification of candidates and their assessment
- An international network (PRAXI ALLIANCE) that can help to source candidates in more than 30 countries in the world.